Sunday, October 23, 2011

Life Changed In A Good Way.

Because of this particular incident, I strongly believe one event, one person and one experience can totally change one's life, one's perspective and even people around. 

One of my parents's biggest dreams is to support me through university because they saw knowledge as a key to becoming useful to one's society and country and to know more about the world. They did not have a chance to because of lack of financial support from their family. Their dream finally came true in the year of 2011 that I got accepted from the University of Minnesota. Although it did not change their life, it changed mine and is going to have life-long influences on me, I am sure. Start from the point where I waved to them, turned my back and walked toward the departure at the airport, I knew my life was going to change. I have to say that without my parents, I wouldn't know what my passions and dreams are; without them, I would never become the person I am now. Just because my family is able to support me to study abroad, it does not mean that I am rich. I rather say my parents planned this long time ago and that they accomplished it with tons of effort they have been putting in. 

Studying abroad in America did not just help me to improve my English, but more importantly is that I learned to be more independent, I learned how to communicate with others and it cleared my vision of the road ahead. Studying abroad can be a small tiny thing to some other people's life, but it is surely a major and significant change in my life, which I am 200% sure. Here I would like to thank my parents for their understandings and unlimited support and I truly appreciate that your dream is to letting me know more about myself and the world. 

1 comment:

  1. I truly agree with you. Sometimes it takes one persons idea to totally change your own perspective on life. You would never know that you like ice-cream until the day that you taste it. In the same way you would have never considered education in america if your parents hadn't exposed you to the idea. Some people may argue to say that you are subconsciously living someone else's dream but let's face it, whether we like like it or not it is the grand narratives that we are brought up around that mould us into who we are today and who will be in the future. For you it was that of your parents history. Wars of today don't use nuclear bombs every chance they get, merely because the Hiroshima incident was a true eye opener. I admire your allegiance to your parents it's not many kids nowadays that truly realize their parents importance in their lives.

    ReplyDelete