Saturday, October 15, 2011

Dr. Pepper Sexed


I stumbled upon this image on a blog last week and I want to apply it to the topic of sexed bodies. It's a little bit on the fringe of the subject, given the body is a can of pop, but it could also be considered as viewing all women as sexed bodies.
I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw this advertisement; I didn't know what to say. This particular product is advertised under the assumption that diet soda is "feminine" -- a description I not only disagree with, but also a label I discourage altogether. The advertisement implies that women are inferior, ON TOP of an encouragement of gender separation.
Commercials and ads are the number one place to find sexism and gender separation in the world today, and I hope this is something that we as a society can improve upon and turn around in the near future.

1 comment:

  1. I think this is similar to the same principles that Pepsi One and Coke Zero have. They are trying to get men to buy it and don't want them to feel like they are buying diet soda. Diets are for women, so diet soda can't be fore men I think is what they are going for.

    ReplyDelete