Sunday, November 20, 2011

The Notebook


Most of us, if not all, have seen the movie The Notebook. I found this image and decided to write about it because when I saw it I felt a feeling of love. This is one of the most romantic movies I have seen. It is a story about true love. They fell in love at a young age, and because she had to move away, they ended it but they were always in love with each other. After some years passed by, they saw each other again and all of those feelings they had for each other rushed back in. I think every girl who has seen this movie has thought, "I want a love like that!" I know I did. Noah and Allie were in love with each other for as long as they knew each other. Allie cheated on her fiance and ended it with him because Noah came back into her life and that who was she was really supposed to be with. He was her "soul mate." She knew it was wrong when she was getting together with Noah while she was engaged, but she went with her intuition and knew that they were meant to be. She let her emotions and feelings take over instead of reason.
Everything about this movie is romantic. Noah tries to find another woman, but all he can think about is Allie and he doesn't commit to anyone else. That alone is romantic. Every girl wants to find a love like this. We all want our romantic partners to be truly in love with us and to not be able to live without us. This is what is portrayed in this movie. We can see this in what I think is the most romantic line in the movie: when Noah says, "So it's not gonna be easy. It's gonna be really hard. We're gonna have to work at this every day, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, for ever, you and me, every day. Will you do something for me, please? Just picture your life for me? 30 years from now, 40 years from now? What's it look like? If it's with him, go. Go! I lost you once, I think I can do it again. If I thought that's what you really wanted. But don't you take the easy way out." Reading that my heart starts to race thinking of how I would feel if someone said that to me. This movie is all over romantic from the words said, the actions, the kissing, the hugs, and not to mention that Noah tells Allie the story of their love when they are older and Allie can't remember. Noah stays with Allie because that is his true love. Even when their children ask him to come stay with them, he says he can't leave his love. It is a beautiful thing. At the end, they die together laying in bed holding hands. It is such a sad, but loving scene. This movie shows a beautiful romance that a lot of us wish we could experience.

2 comments:

  1. I almost picked The Notebook for my blog! It's such a great movie, and I agree with what you said about how everything in the movie is romantic. The particular scene and picture you chose is so familiar to most people. It's a strong portrayal of romance. I think a lot us definitely want the experience of finding love as passionate as Noah and Allie had.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a great romantic movie to watch. Everything in the movie was surrounded by the feeling of romance, from the picture,music to the plot. I think the most impressive picture for me is the beginning, everything was surounded by a very beautiful sun light, and the slow motion of the boat rider made the scene looks like it is from the painting.

    ReplyDelete